Excel Level 3 - Advanced
Excel Level 3 - Advanced
This intensive course will prepare you for your continued lifelong learning of Excel. It will concentrate on functions and formulas and how to manage, manipulate and extract data. It will show you how to create complex formulas. It will teach you how to design and create large databases with inbuilt controls, so that you and your colleagues get the most from Excel.
Participants who attend this Advanced Level course should have a very good knowledge of formulas and should be creating them on a regular basis. You should already understand and use of all the items covered on the Intermediate level course, including the IF and VLOOKUP functions. You should know the difference between Absolute and Relative cell referencing and a knowledge of basic Charts and formatting is advised also.
The course content will include the items listed below. Items not listed here are covered at another level. Some items may not be covered due to time constraints, but all will be covered in the notes.
VBA, Dashboards and Add-Ins are not covered on this course.
Rape Crisis Network IrelandRape Crisis Network Ireland have contracted Gary to provide annual Excel training to Rape Crisis Centres for over five years. He has been fantastic to work with and provided excellent quality training that was customised exactly to our needs. We have received very positive feedback from all staff who participated in the training and have continued to avail of the training every year because of this. He provided a second to none post-training service replying promptly to any follow up queries. He is both highly professional and personable in his approach and we look forward to working with him for many years to come.
- Review of KEY Intermediate Excel - -Level 2 Content.
- Learn how to nest functions within other functions.
- Use advanced Lookup functions such as Match and Index
- Use Data Validation to force compliance with database input standards.
- Create dynamic dropdown lists.
- Understand and create Array formulas.
- Learn the various levels of security to protect a spreadsheet or specific cells within a worksheet.
- Deal with error messages caused by formulas.
- Record a basic Macro (without the use of VBA) and assign it to a macro button.
- Create and use Pivot Tables.
- Change Field Settings in a Pivot Table.
- Create formulas in a Pivot Table based on the existing fields.
- Learn how to Rearrange and Filter Pivot Tables.
- Group data in Pivot Tables.
- Use Slicers to create mini dashboards.
- Learn about automatically updating an refreshing multiple Pivot Tables.
- Use the following Excel functions at an advanced level:
- If - Nesting within IF Functions - IF(AND) - IF(OR) - VLOOKUPS within VLOOKUPS - IFERROR - INDIRECT - MATCH - INDEX